Our highly qualified and caring PreK staff will help your child transition easily into Kindergarten. The PreK room is a bright and welcoming classroom with many resources to help develop your child’s social, academic, and Islamic skills. There are four full time staff members in our PreK and the class fills at 30 students (A 7:1 ratio). We encourage our parents to register quickly as this class usually fills by early April. To schedule an appointment and an interview for your child, please call the main office at (973) 790-4700.
- Mastery of PreK concepts including shapes, counting to 100, colors, letter names, and calendar skills
- Introduction to letter sounds and reading
- Introduction to number concepts and patterns
- Letter names and sounds
- Vocabulary building including colors, shapes, animals, and calendars
- Numbers and counting to 10
- Islamic Studies
- Short Surahs from Chapter 30 of the Quran
- Duas for daily use
- Most importantly, our teachers instill a deep love for Allah and the Prophet Muhammad.
- Enrichment reading program for students who show potential
- Uses Hooked on Phonics and the research of Sydney Ledson
- Students in this Program are able to read full sentences and simple books by the end of the year.
- Using invented spelling and illustrations, students create original books and conference with their teachers to create meaning.
- Physical Education 2 times a week
- Outdoor playtime on warm days
- Sand and Water Play
- Use of 2 on-campus Playgrounds
- Daily center time using enriching classroom play areas
- Daily Music & Movement using Islamic Anasheed
- Weekly Art Projects that are theme-related
- Educational Field Trips